Students accessing the Childcare programme here at The Aspire Academy will work towards the BTEC L1 Certificate in Caring for Children, 500/6139/2
What does the qualification cover?
This qualification provides the opportunity to gain a vocational qualification that gives a basic introduction to the sector. It has been designed to meet the needs of students from the age of 14 years. It includes the knowledge and practical skills that students need in order to care for their own children or for children in a voluntary capacity, such as babysitting.
How many credits are required to complete it?
Students need to complete at least 13x credits to achieve this qualification.
Students must achieve four units:
- Unit 2: Valuing children as individuals
- Unit 4: Communication between children aged 0-3 years and adults
- Unit 5: Planning for the physical care needs of children aged 0-3 years
- Unit 10: Keeping children safe
How is it assessed?
All units are internally assessed. Each unit has specified learning outcomes and assessment criteria, and to pass an internally assessed unit, students must meet all of the assessment criteria.
What related qualifications can you progress to?
Students can progress to the following qualifications:
- L2 Certificate and Diploma in Child Care and Education (VRQ)
- L2 Certificate Introducing Caring for Children and Young People (QCF)
- L2 Award in Babysitting (QCF)
- L2 Award in Preparation for the Responsibilities of Parenting (QCF)
- L2 Certificate for the Children and Young People’s Workforce (QCF)
- L3 Award, Certificate and Diploma in Child Care and Education
- L3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce (QCF)
- Many other qualifications in the Care Sector at L2 and L3