Students accessing the Construction programme here at The Aspire Academy will work towards the Pearson BTEC Level 1 Certificate in Construction (QCF), 500/6591/9
What does the qualification cover?
This qualification has been designed to help learners understand aspects of the construction industry and to cover some of the knowledge and practical skills required to work successfully within it.
How many credits are required to complete it?
A minimum of 8 credits must be achieved from Unit Group 1:
- Developing Bricklaying Skills
- Developing Building Maintenance Skills
- Developing Carpentry Skills
- Developing Construction Decorating Skills
- Developing Construction Drawing Skills
- Developing Construction Painting Skills
- Developing Electrical Installation Skills
- Health and Safety and Welfare in Construction
- Developing Joinery Skills
- Developing Plumbing Skills
- Starting Work in Construction
- Working as a Team to Move and Handle Resources
- Developing Plastering Skills
Unit Group 2: Further optional units – Learners may complete the remaining credits from this group.
- Producing a Timber Product
- Developing Home Improvement Skills
- Decorating Household Goods
- Working towards goals
- Working as part of a group
- Preparing for an Interview
- Interview Skills
How is it assessed?
What related qualifications can you progress to?
- Pearson BTEC Level 1/ Level 2 First Certificate in Construction and the Built Environment, 600/6817/6
- Pearson BTEC Level 1/ Level 2 First Certificate in Construction and the Built Environment, 600/7048/1
- Pearson BTEC Level 1/ Level 2 First Extended Certificate in Construction and the Built Environment, 601/0258/5