The Aspire Academy is committed to providing:
- a safe, containing, caring, good humoured and well-disciplined school where strong nurturing relationships are at the heart of everything
- a world class Alternative Provision in which we present:
- an environment where all students can thrive, grow and achieve through a relentlessly reasonable approach to personal development
- opportunities for students to build their social capital, resilience, self-esteem and a portfolio of recognised qualifications in order that they may make a positive next-step
- all students with the opportunities to achieve a positive destination when they leave the Academy.
The journey towards an AP Free School
Six years ago, all the schools belonging to the two South Worcestershire schools partnerships took steps to reduce the rate of permanent exclusion in KS4, and to increase the outcomes for this cohort, by coming together to provide the students and schools of South Worcestershire, and beyond, with the very own alternative provision free school.
The Aspire Academy opened in September 2014 and now in our fourth year we are growing from strength to strength in terms of pupil numbers, commissioner confidence and establishing a stable place in the County for the work we do and the service we provide. The school is situated on Bridgwater Road on the north-east edge of the city and right next to the Sixways junction of the M5 where we have access to support services and our own team of dedicated, experienced and expert staff to expand the opportunities we can offer and to support those organisations already providing for our young people.
We have been and continue to be, supported every step of the way by advisors from the DfE in developing confidence in our capacity to deliver what is a genuinely transformational approach to supporting some of the most challenging students across our schools. 120 full time equivalent places reflects the demand from the schools for a mixture of full time and part time places. The vision is to provide full or part time alternative provision based on a core curriculum and a range of high quality vocational provision supported by work experience for KS4 pupils and to provide well run, rigorously assessed and evaluated refocus interventions for KS3 pupils with excellent in-house and in time, outreach, support workers.
Safeguarding Recruitment Statement
The Aspire Academy Free School Trust are committed to safeguarding all children and young people in their care and will look to an enhanced DBS and references from previous appropriate employers prior to any employment being taken up.