Students accessing the Sports programme here at The Aspire Academy will work towards the OCR L1/L2 Cambridge National Award in Sports Studies, 600/5122/X
What does the qualification cover?
This qualification provides students with the opportunity to apply theoretical knowledge about different types of sport and physical activity, skills development and sports leadership to their own practical performance. Students will learn about contemporary issues in sport such as funding, participation, ethics and role models, and sport and the media. Students will develop an appreciation of the importance of sport locally and nationally, different ways of being involved in sport and how this shapes the sports industry.
The OCR L1/L2 Cambridge National Award in Sports Studies requires 60 guided learning hours and consists of two mandatory units;
- Contemporary Issues in Sport
- Developing Sports Skills
We plan to deliver this qualification in one year which will provide our current Yr10 students with the opportunity to complete two further optional units in Yr11 to achieve the OCR L1/L2 Cambridge National Certificate in Sports Studies, which is the size of a GCSE and can count towards the new Progress 8 and Attainment 8 indicators.
What related qualifications can you progress to?
- The Cambridge Nationals in Sport lead to a variety of general and vocational qualifications for our students;
- Apprenticeship Framework, Levels 1/2
- L3 Vocational Qualifications/NVQ Diploma in Personal Training & Leisure Management
- A Level Physical Education
- Cambridge Technicals in Sport, Levels 2 & 3