Students accessing the Music programme here at The Aspire Academy will work towards the NCFE L1 Technical Award in Music Technology, 601/6777/4
What does the qualification cover?
The NCFE L1 Award in Music will help you take your first steps towards a career in the music industry. This qualification is aimed at 14-16 year olds with an interest in music production and recording; it’s designed to sit alongside GCSEs in the Key Stage 4 curriculum and it is a vocational qualification equivalent to GCSE grades D-G.
How many units are required to complete it?
The NCFE L1 Award in Music is taught over 144 guided learning hours and students are required to successfully complete 4x mandatory units.
- Using a digital audio workstation (DAW)
- Creating music
- Studio recording
- Sound creation
Students who achieve this qualification could progress to…
- NCFE L2 Certificate in Creative Studies: Performance Skills
- NCFE L2 Certificate in Business & Enterprise
- NCFE L2 Extended Certificate in Music Technology
- NCFE L2 Certificate in Radio
- NCFE L2 Diploma in Skills for Business
- other L2 qualifications in creative and media-related subjects
- GCSE in Music and related subjects
- L2 Technical Certificates
- or employment within the Music Industry