Students accessing the Music programme here at The Aspire Academy will work towards the BTEC L1/L2 First Award in Music, 600/6818/8
What does the qualification cover?
The BTEC First in Music will help you take your first steps towards a career in the music industry. You’ll learn essential skills from performing and composing to producing, sound engineering and promoting a new track, album or concert.
How many units are required to complete it?
The Pearson BTEC L1/L2 First Award in Music is taught over 120 guided learning hours and has core and optional specialist units. Students are required to successfully complete the 2x core units and 2x optional units. Students must achieve all of the 4x units listed to achieve the qualification.
- The Music Industry
- Managing a Music Product
- Introducing a Music Composition
- Introducing Music Recording
Students who achieve this qualification could progress to…
- other L2 vocational qualifications
- L3 vocational qualifications, such as BTEC Nationals, specifically the Pearson BTEC L3 Certificate/Subsidiary Diploma/Diploma/Extended Diploma in Music Technology
- related academic qualifications
- employment within the Music Industry